Brioche bun, brie, black berries and thyme. Marble tray and golden clip from HAY.
Took another piercing in my ear yesterday, so there’s a little “ear party” (haha, love that term) going on as we speak. The only part where the minimalist in me doesn’t strike!
Got my hands on the new nail polish from Chanel, while in Kristiansand. It has the perfect nude colour I’ve been hunting for – light beige with a hint of pink.
The shade is called `Secret´.
My ideal nail polish collection is herby complete – the ultimate nude (Chanel Secret), red/orange (Chanel Holiday), dark red (Chanel Rouge Noir) and black (YSL Noir Primitif) are all carefully placed on the bathroom shelf.
- Atelier September – Trending breakfast and brunch spot with healthy, delicious food and a stylish environment.
- Chez Bruno - French bistro and restaurant with amazing food, a great wine list and a service minded staff. Ideal for dinner. The owner and chef was so adorable and friendly (we started chatting with him after our meal and it ended up with free beer and cognac). Highly recommended!
- Torvehallerne - Food market with gourmet delights, pastries, vegetables, beer, “smørrebrød” (open handed sandwiches), fresh sea food etc. Try the salty liquorice meringues and “flødeboller”, super delicious! Palæo, Gorm´s and Grød also have stalls here (hot spots!).
- Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek - Museum with art from the ancient cultures as well as Danish and French art from the 19th century. The building/architecture is simply breathtaking!
- Botanisk Have – Conservatories, green houses and various gardens. They also have cute coffee trucks placed around the area. A must see when in Copenhagen!
- Nyhavn – Pretty houses by the harbour, worth a visit but not a place to stay too long because it´s packed with tourists.
- Jane Kønig – Jewellery designed by Danish Jane Kønig. Simple, clean design with an edge.
- Yvonne Koné – Another great designer from Denmark which makes clothes accessories.
- HAY – Visit HAY´s flagship store to get inspired and shop typical Danish design. Minimalist heaven.
So these are my favourite spots from my short stay in Copenhagen. Will hopefully go back soon so I can extend the travel guide. Until then, enjoy!
What are your Copenhagen tips?
A sneak peek from UP (øpp) Fashion Show 2/9 2014 at Light White Studios
All images via & Other Stories
Shopping high street is something I try to avoid and high street collabs with designers / celebrities is also something I’m not a particular fond of. But when I heard that Swedish singer Lykke Li (my all time favourite!) was going to design a capsule collection for & Other Stories, I knew I had to make an exception. I would claim that we share some of the same “aesthetic visions” – clean, minimal, versatile and timeless design made with high quality materials are the main criterias.
Aram Behnaz (concept designer) explains the collaboration in this way: “Singer/Songwriter and friend Lykke Li teamed up with us to create a co-lab collection inspired by a nomadic need for a versatile wardrobe to suit her travelling lifestyle. The collection crafted in high quality materials makes a timeless and iconic uniform”.
The collection finally hits the stores today and I bet one better be quick if you’d like to get your hands on the pieces. Some garments are already out of stock!
Personally I loved everything, but limited myself to only click home two pair of shoes and the perfect, black silk tee. Unfortunately I have to wait until the end of September to actually wear it (why are you not shipping to Norway & Other Stories?).
How do you like the collection?